Pathfinder and Eberron specific rules
Action points: Spend an action point to add a d6 to a d20 roll. You may use it after the roll, but before learning the result. Cannot use a point when taking 10 or 20. You may use a point once per round. No ability can reroll an action point. At higher levels, you may roll more than one d6 and add the highest one to the d20. At each new level, you replace any remaining action points with a fresh supply.
You can also spend 2 action points to use a limited class feature again (bardic music, rage, smite, stunning fist, turn undead, wild shape, etc), 1 action point to imbue an artificer infusion in 1 round, or 1 action point to stabilize near death.
|Character Level||Action Point Dice (d6) Rolled||Action Point Maximum|
Hero Points: Begin with 1 point. Earn a point at each level, by completing a written backstory, painting a miniature, drawing a portrait, completing a major plot arc, serving the group pizza, performing an exceptionally heroic act, returning from the dead with no points remaining. Temporary points (to be spent on the task at hand) for upholding their faith in a grand way. Maximum 3 hero points at any time. Uses for hero points:
- Act out of turn: take your turn immediately, as a readied action (a move or standard action).
- Bonus: +8 luck before a d20 roll, or +4 after. This may benefit a different character at half bonus if you can reasonably affect the outcome.
- Extra action: Gain an additional standard or move action.
- Inspiration: Petition the GM for a hint.
- Recall: Recall a spell or gain another use of a limited ability that recharges daily.
- Reroll: Reroll any one d20 and take the results of the second roll.
- Special: Attempt something normally almost impossible. Cast a spell one level higher than you could (or a 1st level spell for nonspellcasters), blind a foe with an attack, bypass damage reduction, use Diplomacy to soothe a raging dragon.
- Cheat death: Use 2 hero points to cheat death, left alive at negative hp, but stable. Hero points may be spent to save a familiar, animal companion, eidolon, or special mount.
Disguise: Impersonating someone with a visible dragonmark takes -10.
Linguistics: Forge an arcane mark by casting for 10 minutes and taking -10
|Abyssal||Demons of Shavarath||Infernal|
|Argon||Barbarians of Argonessen and Seren||Common|
|Celestial||Archons of Shavarath||Celestial|
|Common||Humans, halflings, half-elves, half-orcs||Common|
|Daan||Formians, lawful outsiders of Daanvi||Daan|
|Daelkyr||Daelkyr, mind flayers, other aberrations, creatures of Xoriat||Daelkyr|
|Draconic||Kobolds, troglodytes, lizardfolk, dragons||Draconic|
|Giant||Ogres, giants, drow||Giant|
|Goblin||Goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears||Goblins|
|Infernal||Devils of Shavarath||Infernal|
|Irial||Ravids, positive energy users of Irian||Draconic|
|Kythric||Slaadi, chaotic outsiders of Kythri||Daan|
|Mabran||Nightshades, shadows, creatures of Mabar||Draconic|
|Quori||Quori, the Inspired, kalashtar||Quori|
|Riedran||Lower classes of Sarlona||Old Common|
|Sylvan||Dryads, eladrins, creatures of Thelanis||Elven|
|Syranian||Angels of Syrania||Celestial|
|Terran||Xorns and other earth-based creatures||Dwarven|
|Undercommon||Chokers, underground denizens||Daelkyr|
Spellcraft: Identify a dragonmark and the spell-like ability it bestows
|Aberrant mark||DC 18|
|Least mark||DC 15|
|Lesser mark||DC 20|
|Greater mark||DC 25|
|Siberys mark||DC 30|
- Dirty Trick: Hinder a foe in melee as a standard action (kicking sand, pulling pants, hitting a sensitive spot). Impose condition of blinded, dazzled, deafened, entangled, shaken, sickened. Lasts 1 round, +1 for every 5 you exceed opponent’s CMD. Condition may be removed with a move action.
- Drag: Drag a foe as a standard action, no more than one size larger. Both move back 5 feet, opponent occupying your previous space, and you moving back in a straight line. +5 feet for every 5 you exceed opponent’s CMD, up to your maximum movement. Stability resists Drag.
- Reposition: Reposition a foe to a different location as a standard action, no more than one size larger. Move 5 feet in a new direction, not anywhere dangerous (a pit, wall of fire). +5 ft for every 5 you exceed opponent’s CMD, always within reach except the final 5 ft.
- Steal: Take an item as a standard action. Any item not held or hidden in a bag. Items tucked in a belt or loose (brooches, necklaces) are easiest. Fastened items (cloaks, sheathed weapons, pouches) give +5 to CMD. Items closely worn (armor, backpacks, boots, clothing, rings) cannot be taken. You may use a whip at -4. The enemy is immediately aware of this theft.